Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Thinking

From Punchakary


Thought and thinking are mental forms and processes, respectively ("thought" is both.) – Says Wikipedia

I think 'Thinking' is one of my key assets, the most precious one that I possess. Most around me complain, ‘You think too much?’, ’Why do you think too much?’ . Well for me it is the most natural thing.

I don’t feel I think deep, I just reflect. We perceive, learn and then think to arrive at a reason. Thinking involves the manipulation of information. I try to match things and see the patterns – mix, merge, sort, shift….

Maybe I love the idea of thinking and I am not really ‘thinking’.
Maybe I live in a world of thoughts where air whispers the words on to my ears.
Maybe I built my world with those thoughts
Maybe that is the palace where I am living and where I would be living too
Maybe this is just me

Thinking about thinking itself seems to be interesting to me.

'Cogito, ergo sum' (English: "I think, therefore I am") -Rene Descartes

The simple meaning of the phrase is that if someone is wondering whether or not he exists, that is in and of itself proof that he does exist (because, at the very least, there is an "I" who is doing the thinking).

No matter what, I still think of pursuing psychology. It just fascinates me.

1 comment:

Usha said...

Thinking is not an automatic function like breathing or beating of your heart. Thinking requires a perfect sentience. Intentionally one has to focus his consciousness for thinking. So by thinking you are being more and more conscious, which will in turn increase the capacity of your brain to think more……………………

Your Email ID: