Wednesday, May 13, 2009

CIO

Today Ajit explained to me the difference between a CTO and a CIO.

According to him, the CTO is supposed to be a techie who would be best in understanding the latest technologies and bringing the right technology to support the organization.

The CIO on the other hand is responsible for bridging the gap between the Technology Domain and the Business.
CIO would be assisted by CTO from the technical perspective and he is responsible for envisaging the business needs and ensuring that the IT setup is ready for delivering the required business needs.

After a very long time, I felt for something which I might even consider 'becoming'.

CIO role is something which I could aspire for!! – I am so excited about the technology and the impact it can create on business.

Idea is the limit which might limit you from growing.

1 comment:

Your Email ID: