Thursday, August 13, 2009

Right – An essential element


From Nature

Just finished watching a movie called ‘Flash of Genius [2008]’ – An amazing true story about a Prof who sued Ford Motors for stealing his invention.

For me the ‘right - wrong’ was always just a notion which is purely relative though we tell to kids to do the ‘right thing

What is this ‘right thing’ all about? – The Merriam Webster online dictionary gave the following definitions to the word ‘right

: being in accordance with what is just, good, or proper
: conforming to facts or truth: correct

However, can’t it be that this right-wrong notion is all linked to awareness?

The awareness creates the insight to come up with the true facts. When I say awareness it is about having a 360 degree view – a complete view – ‘the big picture’.

We are almost always limited with our views – I am limited by what I am due to my the thoughts & ideas that I carry.

To sum up, the point that I realized is the ‘concept of right’ is nothing but an ‘essential element’ for existence, survival, acceptance and growth in this (so called) society.

Right – An essential element in the society!

1 comment:

Usha said...

I feel that, the ‘concept of right’ is related to the answers of the following questions
1. What does your conscience say about it?
2. Is it hurting to anybody (including you)?
3. Is it fair to do such things?
4. How would you feel if somebody did it to you?
5. Have you ever been told that it's wrong?
6. In your heart of hearts, how do you feel about it?
7. How will you feel about it later, if you do it?
8. What would others say ( whom do you respect) say about it?
Am I Right??

Your Email ID: