My thoughts took me to a place where I started questioning my ‘eligibility’ for marriage.
Just for fun, I searched in google the word ‘marriage’. Ignoring the first two sponsored advertisement results the next one was the link to Wikipedia- - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marriage .
According to wiki the definition is as follows – ‘Marriage is a social union or legal contract between individuals that creates kinship. It is an institution in which interpersonal relationships, usually intimate and sexual, are acknowledged by a variety of ways, depending on the culture or demographic. Such a union may also be called matrimony, while the ceremony that marks its beginning is usually called a wedding and the marital structure created is known as wedlock.’
I am still unable to completely absorb the ‘idea’ of marriage.
Why do people get married? Is it like 90% of the crowd gets happiness if they get married and so you too need to? Some say it is the rule of nature to pass on your heritage and so you need to get married for perpetuating your genes??
Whatever may be the reason for getting married, I am not dwelling on the reasons to get married.
Instead, I am more interested in realizing or rather putting down the points that might declare the eligibility of someone to get married.
I realize that the inner self of identifying who you are would alter your instincts.
Today, you might be someone and tomorrow after reading some books, watching a movie, discussing new thoughts, etc you might be elevated to a position where you would be fed with new thoughts. Those thoughts would provoke your identity and might alter it to a different level altogether.
It might be the experiences, it might be the impressions of others around you, and it might be circumstances.
I might not be eligible because
- I am still not convinced within myself with the theme of so called ‘unconditional love’ or legal or social union.
- I am still not clear whether I can be (or become) a better half of an individual till my last breath.
- I consider myself as a 'nomad' - I wish to roam endlessly.
- I am more interested in roads which are unknown. - I don’t want to do a ‘wed lock’ in between which might lock my ‘freedom of nomadism’.
- I might like more than one person at a time which might again be ‘wrong’ as per marriage acts?
- I always wish to change and I prefer to ignore the condition of ‘not to change because you are married’
- I don’t want the clause ‘you are married’ to clutter any of my natural instincts or thoughts to get locked at any point in time.
- To share time & space with a ‘human’ who is interested in spending time & space with me.
- To be with someone who might be able to be 'happy' with me (after understanding my ineligibilities for marriage).
- To be with someone who can appreciate the concept of ‘communication’.
May be I might get ‘married’
May be ‘marriage’ might hunt me down
May be I will redefine ‘marriage’ and then accept it in my own way.
PS: All the above given thoughts are completely personal – this is just a reflection of true self. As I always do - comments, critiques, thoughts are welcome