Saturday, July 10, 2010

Curious

Today I went to an optical shop to change my broken lens. They asked me to wait showing a set of chairs. I sat in one among the unoccupied ones. While I was sitting there, I noticed a family entering the shop.

I saw a small boy around 4 to 5 years of age, clinging on to his mom and standing in a corner. He looked all over the shop.
You know his eyes was searching for something interesting. The sparkle was there in his eyes, I could notice.
Finally, after a long eye walkthrough he found an item in one corner near my seat. He slowly walked towards it.

It was nothing but a 'dustbin' with the pedal to open on the bottom. Initially he stared at it for some time- the green box with a black lever at the bottom.


He was so curious so he came over there and watched the dustbin box from different angles. It was like, he is seeing such an item for the first time in his life.

Then slowly he moved closer to it and then put his feet on the bottom lever.

I could see his smile when the black top moved upwards.
He peeped on to it and tried to see what was there inside the dustbin.
Seeing the empty tea cups he never got upset. He kept steping on the bottom lever and seeing the top opening and closing

I could see how amused and happy he was by doing it - So involved he was in just opening and closing

I wish we were curious like that!

Curious enough to enjoy each bit of life!

Somewhere during our journey didn’t we lose this curiosity ?

Are we still curious?

Are we still able to enjoy the small adventures of life? – Opening a dustbin? :-) or something similar!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

even am also curious to c u....:)

bharat chandran said...

Not sure who is this 'Anonymous'! :-) Whoever it is let me know the details, let us discuss about the options of meeting :-)

Anonymous said...

:) yeah sure we will dicuss.. Can I have ur mb no. to discuss ?

bharat chandran said...

:-) Well I am reachable at 9980994624‎

Anonymous said...

Hi.. I will give missed call to ur no. Pls call back :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you, that was extremely valuable and interesting...I will be back again to read more on this topic.

Anonymous said...

Brilliant site, I had not noticed bharatchandran.blogspot.com previously during my searches!
Carry on the superb work!

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

I have a message for the webmaster/admin here at bharatchandran.blogspot.com.

May I use part of the information from this post right above if I provide a link back to your site?

Thanks,
William

bharat chandran said...

Hi William,

Thanks for your interest in this post. You may use the information and link it back.

Thanks
Bharat

saya said...

Hi thanks for visiting my blog...
Nice posts I found in here..
This is one among which I liked..

Kids are always very innocent and curious..
As u said Life would be amazing if we could enjoy every small bit of it. :)

saya said...

Hi thanks for visiting my blog..
There are a lot of interesting posts in here.. This is one among which I liked..

Kids are always Very innocent and curious..
As u said Life would be amazing if we could enjoy every small bit of it :)

Your Email ID: