Saturday, June 25, 2011

Pain

The pain came by walking
I saw from a distance
I wanted to avoid
But it came along with pleasure
I welcomed pleasure and enjoyed its sweetness
Now the sweetness has vanished
Leaving the pain behind
I wonder when pain gained claws
The sharp curved claws
Why is it holding me?
Why is it getting deeper?
Shouldn’t pain move on & leave me behind?

I got used to pain
For I am not feeling pain anymore
I entered a painless state
A state where I am weightless
And I floated in air like a cotton!
Now no claws can arrest me
No breeze can own me
For I am a cotton flying up in the sky
Going along with wind
Wherever it takes me to !

5 comments:

dakshi said...

"got used to pain
For I am not feeling pain anymore
I entered a painless state
A state where I am weightless
And I floated in air like a cotton!"

Wonderful use of imagery.
Loved your poem...

Vaish said...

Whoa...so philosophical Bharat..Loved the flow of your poem. And it's absolutely true that once we get used to, we don't feel the pain!

Camille said...

that is how it should be with pain, you feel it and release it, never hold on to it. it is a tool for learning & healing.

beautiful poem!

Ves said...

A painless state...temporary state,we never get used to the pain.Only reconcile and live with it... than,it seems there is no pain

Ves said...

Lovely!

Your Email ID: